- Company: Career Decisions / CDT (Coach Develop Transform)
- Telephone: 01 6340077 (Dublin) 061 400664 (Limerick) 021 2355351 (Cork)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.careerdecisions.ie/coaching-for-school-leaders/
Qualifications and Affiliations
- M.B.S., Human Resource Management, UCD, Smurfit Graduate School of Business: 2011
- Certified Professional Co-active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute (CTI): 2016-2017
- Certificate in Co-active Coaching – Intermediate Curriculum, CTI: 2013- 2016
- Advanced Diploma in Personal and Executive Coaching, Kingstown College: 2013
- Organisational Relationship Systems Coaching – Fundamentals (CRR Global): 2013
- Certificate in Training, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD): 2006
- Certificate in Psychometric Testing Level A & B, British Psychological Society: 2005
- Accredited practitioner of The Leadership Circle Profile
- Accredited practitioner of EQ-i 2.0 (Emotional Intelligence) suite of assessments (MHS)
- Accredited practitioner of the Myers Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI)
- Trained WISER™ Leadership Assessment Practitioner
- Associate Certified Coach, (ACC) International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Coach Practitioner, European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
Experience in one-to-one coaching
As part of the Career Decisions/CoachDevelopTransform team who have successfully coached over 400 School Principals, Connor has been working in the area of organisational development for over 20 years and coaching for over 10 years. As an active member of his son’s Parents’ Association and past member of Board of Management, Connor appreciates the breadth and depth of the challenges that Principals and Assistant Principals face. He works with clients to help them bring clarity to what they want to create and supports them in the journey to achieving it.
Grounded in 20 years of working with individual leaders, teams and organisations, Connor believes that leadership starts within, is anchored in purpose and vision, and is manifested in dynamic relationships. Connor’s mission is to enable leaders to become more conscious of what they create every day and to take full responsibility for their impact. He calls them forth to step into their agency and to effect the change they seek in their organization and their community.
Having worked in many professional environments, Connor appreciates the challenges of having to wear many hats and balance multiple roles, such as teacher, manager, leader, and perhaps parent and / or member of the local community. He has a unique strength in appreciating context and works from there because he knows every school leader’s situation is unique.
Connor’s coaching and organizational experience, Co-active coach credentials and ongoing professional development make him an ideal partner to support school leaders to step into a fuller expression of their leadership. To do this, he voices what needs to be heard, in service of your vision, and will not step over the core challenges you face. Connor creates an environment of safety and confidence, and supports his clients to move forward and achieve their goals with energy, lightness and purpose.
As a Leadership Coach, Connor works with clients to enable them to enrol others in their vision, to increase their influence in the workplace, and to bring about action for meaningful change.
When working with groups, Connor brings trust and connection, rooted in deep respect for our shared humanity. He is passionate about uncovering the issues that really matter, in service of transforming organisations and lives.
He knows from experience that, while individuals may lead initiatives to transform workplaces, it is teams and groups of people who deliver lasting impact. Connor’s coaching focuses on growing his clients’ resilience and thus their capacity to support others in aligning themselves around a shared vision and in creating a more successful workplace.
His specialist expertise includes:
• Performance Coaching
• Coaching for Development
• People Management
• Change Management
“Connor comes with a deep curiosity and listening, asking provocative questions to enable me to build my role as a leader in my sector. I am grateful to Connor for his ability to help me clarify my professional purpose, while also considering how this balances with all the other aspects of my life. Now, I approach my leadership choices with more clarity, confidence and intention, a formula that Connor fosters”.
“When given the opportunity to undertake coaching I knew I had to work with Connor. He has a wonderful way of getting you to see the world in a different light and to understand what you really value! Connor got me to think about how I show up in the world, gain confidence in my abilities, what I have to offer and how best to contribute to my own success and happiness.”