As part of the Career Decisions/CoachDevelopTransform team who have successfully coached over 400 School Principals Noel has worked as an Executive and Leadership Coach. He has coached 250 senior and middle management clients on a 1-1 basis from a range of public and private sector organisations including The Department of Education & Skills, Hibernia College, University College Cork, WWETB, CEBT, Limerick College of Further Education, The Open College, GE Healthcare, Glanbia, AIB and Bank of Ireland.
School Leader Coaching Experience – As a former teacher with a background in education and psychology, Noel has a deep understanding of the education sector. Noel has coached over 75 principals in a wide range of educational environments, which include DEIS schools, rural and urban primary and post primary schools.
Noel has successfully coached principals on a broad range of challenges, concerns and opportunities including change management, school visioning, delegation & distributed leadership roles, effective communication, goal setting, planning and implementation, performance reviews, conflict resolution, staff induction, engagement and development, wellbeing, and resilience.
Outcomes reported by principals include:
- Improved leadership skills
- Increased self-awareness
- Greater ability to self-regulate emotions and§ manage conflict
- Development of effective communication and feedback skills
- Practical support and creating opportunities for planning and reflection during COVID-19
School Leader Team Coaching Experience – Since 2019 Noel has delivered team coaching to 30 school leadership (ISM) teams as part of Career Decisions panel. Team coaching focused on a broad range of issues including agreeing team purpose, clarifying management roles and responsibilities, assessment of team functioning, team development, delegation and distributed leadership and conflict resolution.
Team coaching with Noel achieved the following results:
- Increased understanding, acknowledgement and appreciation of ISM members and their leadership roles within the overall school context
- Improved communication between ISM team members
- Alignment of team roles to individuals’ strengths and preferences
- More collaborative teamwork
- Greater buy-in for school vision, mission and values